For my first cushion I gave the french knot design which I first tried out here a go. Doing this pattern on a bigger scale was quite difficult as I would sometimes get carried away and do too many close together and have to unpick a few. If you have never tried the french knot I would recommend giving it a go, its quite therapeutic when you get into it!
For the cushion I used the full 6 strands of the floss compared to just 4 last time - I honestly have to say they do look more defined using 6 and seem to cover a slightly larger area -which is much better for bigger pieces!
I used 4 different colours in total; a dark magenta in the middle, a slightly lighter pink for the main bulk of the knots followed by a pastel pink and then finally a slightly tinted pink colour.
I really do love this cushion, I think it will be great for adding a bit of colour to someones room - like you can see on our very blue and white bed above!
I'd love to hear what you all think about it...