Monday 7 May 2012

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside...

I have managed to squeeze in lots of embroidery time this long weekend, three day weekends are the best!
Last week we bought some new bedding for our flat and the pattern inspired me to try a similar thing out with embroidery.


Here is a small section of the pattern up close...


I really love outline illustrations especially done in one colour, simple but so effective.

The dreary weather we are having at the minute is making me day dream about being by the seaside so here is what I made...


I used my favourite split stitch working in 4 ply throughout and using 2 ply for the detail - which I personally think there could be more of. 
There are a few changes I would make to this which I will be working on this week but overall I am really pleased with how it looks. I like how the blue looks on the white and it is a lovely addition to our bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment