Thursday 5 April 2012

Sew Inspiring

This week I have been mostly…practising embroidery.
I mentioned in my last post that I had tackled the french knot - which I managed with a little help from the tutorial over at Sublime Stitching. If you think embroidery is for your granny, then head on over to Sublime Stitching where they will change your mind in a heart beat and by this time next week you will have embroidered everything you own…  The tutorials are so easy and helpful, go look!

Another blog that has been inspiring me this week is Andrea over at four square walls. Her OWOP post has really inspired me to start looking at patterns (with a VERY open mind) and construct something I would actually want to wear - with hopefully a bit more technique to it then stuffing some elastic in for the waistband… I can't believe that she made all 6 of those tops from the same pattern. Girls got talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment